Water Treatment Mechanic
Equipment Services Division
Ramey Environmental Compliance, Inc. is the leader of all-inclusive contract operations for water and wastewater services to municipal and industrial customers in the Rocky Mountain Region. Ramey Environmental Compliance, Inc. also provides collection system services including jet/vacuum cleaning and CCTV services as well as heavy equipment repair and replacement services. If you are tired of working at the same old facility and are looking for a way to broaden your knowledge in water and/or wastewater operations and maintenance then REC, Inc. is your place!
- High School graduate or GED
- 2 years experience in a similar role with working knowledge of process equipment installation, maintenance and repairs
- Class B CDL
Additional experience in Environmental Science, Water Quality, Water Treatment or as a Wastewater Operator is highly desired.
The ESD Water Treatment Mechanic assists with the routine and skilled maintenance and repair of multiple Water & Wastewater Treatment Plants and related facilities and equipment.
- Performs complex to very simple maintenance and repair work on plant facilities, pumps, blowers, engines, motors, chemical feeders, filters, bar screens, valves, pipes, air compressors, heating/cooling equipment, aeration equipment and other major mechanical and hydraulic equipment found in a water or wastewater treatment facilities.
- Fabricates and machine simple repair parts for equipment; use welders, compressors, and other power tools as well as hand tools.
- Ability to read and understand equipment diagrams and cut sheets.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, etc.
- Ability to Maintain electronic and paper records to log performed maintenance work
- Monitors facilities and equipment to identify and repair leaks or other malfunctions.
- Ability to identify and diagnose treatment plant equipment and controls
- Working knowledge of Electrical Equipment and Safety
Compensation and Benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance 1st of month following 60 days of employment
- 85% of Employees Medical, Dental paid
- $25,000 term life insurance policy paid 100% by employer
- 401K plan after 1 year of service 100% vest Employer matches up to 4%
- PTO & Sick Pay
- Clothing allowance
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Yearly scholarships to advanced training in the industry
Water Treatment Mechanic Schedule: Full-Time (40hrs/week with occasional overtime required) No night shifts unless called out. Rotating On-call, weekend, and holiday schedules
Compensation: $20.00 - $32.00 DOE